VP, Creative Strategist
Location: Nashville, TN
High-Level Job Description:
Under supervision of the CEO, this full-time senior level position will have oversight and be responsible for leading the creative thinking for the agency and working alongside internal and external partners to ensure best-in-class, strategically grounded creative ideation and execution for clients. The VP, Creative Strategist is a part of FlyteVu’s management team and is responsible for the development, creation and delivery of all creative assets produced in house or via a production vendor (i.e. design firm, digital firm, content studio, content creator/influencer, film production and music vendor) that are connected to creative delivery. The ideal candidate will be able to conceptualize campaigns strategically, sell ideas to client, lead teams effectively and strengthen client relationships by ensuring overall campaign success, in addition to being hands on with clients and programs to execute directly.
Detailed Job Description/Responsibilities:
Creative Concepting and Presentation Development
As the agency provider of all creative assets for the client, the VP, Creative Strategist will direct the creative process from idea generation through to asset production:
- Identify strategically sound insights to help drive and form concepts which meet and exceed client requests
- Coordinate with internal shared services teams (media / digital, press, production, talent, operations) to validate feasibility of creative concepts, collaboratively enhance thinking and incorporate innovation from partners
- Provide oversight and leadership in brainstorming sessions with a cross-section of thinkers
- Direct how ideas are filtered to select those that answer the brief in the most breakthrough way
- Organize, craft, write and communicate ideas through clear, compelling and convincing campaign narratives
- Lead the presentation development process, including Phase 1’s, to showcase creative ideas, in partnership with inhouse and external creative design and content partners. This includes hands on presentation building and designing of concept decks and pitches.
Accountable for creative asset production including content, digital assets, experiential design, the VP, Creative Strategist will oversee the Creative Design Director and will partner with Agency Traffic to ensure process efficiencies and proper creative delivery with final asset production.
- Qualify and responds to all client feedback to hone creative ideas based on their direction, and when needed provides justification to push back to clients to improve solutions
- Provide creative direction for all content assets produced in house or via a production vendor that are connected to integrated campaign
- Support production teams with procurement and vendor relationship management as it relates to specifically creative delivery
- Provide creative oversight of the team and have a hands on role in creating and designing during asset development for original branded assets such as content, video, websites and photoshoots, including:
- Content Playbook development
- Art direction and copywriting for both social and long form content
- Creative guidance for any outside vendors as listed above (talent, influencer, video, etc)
- Graphic design for original branded content
- Photo retouching
- Design of presentation templates
Internal Agency Branding
- Responsible for the creative delivery of all FlyteVu marketing and branding
- VP, Creative Strategist will provide senior leadership for the overall branding, voice and design including the development of asset and updates for agency website, credentials and new business materials.
- Partner with FlyteVu press team to ensure consistent branding across all assets including but not limited to print, video, and digital assets
- Provide thought leadership and feedback on all things creative to Partners and Leadership team through review of articles, panel participation, client workshops as it relates to the creative process, new innovations that impact the creative output and best in class creative executions and what we can learn from them.
- Communicate to Partners and Leadership team any ongoing needs for the creative team, including new hires and feasibility of client asks based on current team
- Represent FlyteVu across the industry as a Creative SME and project agency mission and behaviors
- Cultivate key relationships with FlyteVu clients, creative industry, entertainment industry, agency partners, 3rd party vendors and other partners to bring forward most innovative trends and thinking.
- Manage Creative Design Director, any future Creative team members and Agency traffic function day-to-day: supervise, lead, train and inspire the team with best practices and sound recommendations, prioritize projects and deadlines for completion
- Create & adjust internal processes to ensure ongoing communication with other FlyteVu teams, including Accounts, Press, Talent, Media/Digital, Operations and Production
- Ability to problem solve creatively and be solution focused
- Must be able to effectively communicate internally and externally in a manner consistent with the company’s Code of Conduct and core values
- Handle and safeguard confidential and proprietary information
- Must be able to read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information
- Must be able and willing to work during non-business hours as needed or required to fulfill job requirements
*Special Note:Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The criteria listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Qualifications include but are not limited to
- 10+ years agency or brand marketing experience in creative role; 7+ years of experiences in the entertainment industry or working o/b/o entertainment-focused clients; at least 3 in leadership or management positions
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Entertainment or music industry experience
- Ability to develop 360 marketing campaigns
- Experience managing multiple teams with various specialties
- Must have problem-solving mentality
- Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks with varying deadlines
- Must be open to travel
- Work well under pressure
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with ability to work with ambiguity at times
- Ability to think ahead, independently and challenge oneself to learn and grow
- Must lead-by-example and foster supportive environment for agency
- Expert in the use of Adobe CS, MS Office Suite, Apple Keynote
Additional Preferences/Not Required:
- Experience with Basecamp or other Project Management Software
- Experience with time tracking software
- Experience with file management software
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Creative and/or Studio Arts, Marketing, Mass Communications, or a related field.